Book this hotel
Prices are total for stay. Click a date to book.
Feature offers & breaks:
Local Attractions near Dartington Hall Hotel
Drawing millions of visitors to its estate each year, Dartington is a destination in its own right. Here are our top five things to do at Dartington, but don't take our word for it - discover Dartington yourself...
- Relish a wholesome lunch in the White Hart Bar before taking an afternoon stroll through the Grade II* listed gardens and enjoying sculpture by Sir Henry Moore, Peter Randall Page and Willi Soukop.
- Situated in the South Hams, renowned for its beautiful countryside and unspoilt coastline, ramble the footpaths of this glorious South Devonshire estate and visit High Cross House (National Trust), an architectural masterpiece inspired by the De Stijl movement and Le Corbusier, with Bauhaus furniture. Make sure you also check out the ancient frescos and altar in the Church Tower and Chapel.
- Indulge in a little retail therapy at the boutique shops at Dartington, selling everything from craft and glassware, to food and drink. Here you can see a glass blowing demonstration or be pampered in the Haven Spa.
- Watch a film in 3D in the intimate surrounds of the 14th Century Barn Cinema, showing a wide range of independent and mainstream films.
- Take a trip to the magnificent Buckfast Abbey, home to a Roman Catholic community of Benedictine monks and one of the most visited tourist attractions in Devon. (This isn't on the estate itself, but it's only a 10-minute drive away.)
Also nearby (distance in miles):
- South Devon Railway: 5.3
- Buckfast Abbey: 5.8
- Sharpham Vineyard English Wine & Cheese: 6.4
- Kent's Cavern Prehistoric Caves: 11.9
- Babbacombe Model Village: 13.0
- Dartmouth Castle: 15.7
- Bantham Surfing Academy: 18.4
- Overbeck's (National Trust): 22.2
0845 0 70 70 90