Hotel Availability & Prices
To book, click your preferred date
Prices are total for stay. Click a date to book.
Local Attractions near Ramside Hall Hotel & Golf Club
Ramside Hall is located in one of the most unspoilt and tranquil parts of Britain. Durham City has a rich heritage and can trace its history back 1000 years, it is regarded as the historic capital of North East England, an important centre for culture and learning and as an area of great natural beauty. The Durham of today is a compact city offering a wide range of facilities; much of the excellent shopping and restaurants is closed to traffic and co exists happily with the Victorian Indoor Market. Yet within minutes you can take a path down by the riverbanks and watch the rowers from one of the University teams overlooked by the impressively beautiful Durham Cathedral and Castle.
Places to visit
- Beamish, The North of England Open Air Museum Just a few miles away, Beamish, The North of England Open Air Museum, is a living, working experience of life as it was in the Great North in the early 1800s and 1900s
- Durham Cathedral - one of Britain's finest examples of Norman architecture.
- Durham Castle - Palace Green
- Crook Hall - 4 acres of gorgeous gardens - includes the secret walled gardens
- Durham University Botanic Gardens - Visitor Centre
- DLI Museum - Oriental Museum - Museum of Archaeology
- Houghall Gardens - Houghall Discovery Trail - Old Durham Gardens - Wharton Park
- Shopping - Durham Indoor Market - Prince Bishops Shopping - The Gates Shopping Centre
- Fowlers Yard - Creative Workspaces
- River Cruises - Rowing Boats
- Take a 3 mile ride on the Tanfield passenger steam railway at Stanley.
- Locomotion - Railway Museum - Shildon
- Gala Theatre - Millennium Place - opened by HM the Queen in 2002
- For the Children Diggerland Adventure Park - Langley Park - Durham
- Durham Regatta - June; Durham Miners Gala - July
- A great base for touring with easy reach to all the motorway links. Further afield, The Angel of the North, the Metro Centre, Dalton Retail Park, Eldon Square, Newcastle, Hartlepool Marina and Historic Quays, Durham County Cricket Club at Chester-le-Street - home to Test Matches and Special Events, Hadrian's Wall, Bowes Museum, Ruby Castle and much more
0845 0 70 70 90