Overlooking 6 acres of magnificent landscaped grounds, Berry's Restaurant at Taplow House has been awarded two AA rosettes for its superb food using mainly locally sourced produce and served in a traditional but relaxed atmosphere. The classical high ceilings in the dining room give Berry's a luxurious country house feel without being too formal. Enjoy modern British cuisine in a tranquil setting.
- Sample starter menu: White crabmeat and quail egg jelly with a brown crabmeat fishcake on a fennel salad; Goats cheese and tomato tart on mixed salad leaves with walnut dressing; Confit of Gressingham duck leg and asparagus salad topped with a soft poached duck egg; Salmon and foie gras parfait with sour cream and dill bread, cucumber and avocado salad.
- Sample main course menu: Pan fried calves liver served pink on a bubble and squeak potato cake with an onion and bacon sauce; Seared marinated sea trout on a bed of noodles with a saffron and mussel sauce; Wild mushroom twice baked soufflé with a seasonal garden salad; Whole poussin stuffed with roasted red pepper and mozzarella herb polenta cake, with pesto dressing; Rump of English lamb served pink on a pea and mint risotto warm broad bean and artichoke salad.
- Sample dessert menu: Hot chocolate fondant with butternut squash ice cream and butternut seed cluster; Fig and vanilla cheesecake on a hazelnut biscuit base with poached figs in thyme syrup; Granny Smith apple soufflé baked in the apple with rum and raisin ice cream.
Berry's Restaurant opening times -
- Breakfast is served from 7.00am to 9.00am Monday to Friday and 8.00am to 10.00am on Saturday and Sunday.
- Lunch is served from 12.00pm to 2.00pm Sunday to Friday. Berry's Restaurant is closed for lunch on Saturday, however Berry's Bar serves a selection of light meals and snacks.
- Afternoon Tea is served from 2.30pm to 5.30pm Sunday to Friday.
- Dinner is served from 7.00pm to 9.30pm Monday to Saturday and from 7.00pm to 9.00pm on Sunday.
With its informal atmosphere, comfortable armchairs and a roaring fire in winter, Berry's Bar makes this grand room an ideal place to relax and unwind. The bar has a wide selection of classic malts and other fine spirits. A bar menu is available for guests consisting of light lunches, sandwiches and snacks.
The ideal places to meet for morning coffee, afternoon tea or a traditional bar feast. During the summer months dine alfresco and enjoy the restaurant menu or all-day dining menu served on the terrace with superb views of the gardens.
The Fat Duck and The Waterside Inn in Bray with Michelin stars for their cuisine are just 2 miles away. Guests staying at Taplow House wishing to extend their dining experiences can be chauffeur driven to and from these two restaurants in the hotel's limousine on request.