Hotel Availability & Prices
Prices are total for stay. Click a date to book.
Local Attractions near Vale Hotel, Golf & Spa Resort
Both Cardiff city centre and the surrounding area offer a wealth of diverse visitor attractions, ranging from the traditional National Museum with its fabulous art collection to the futuristic Dr Who Up Close exhibition.
- Cardiff Bay - once the city's dockland area now a vibrant waterfront with watersports on a freshwater lake and a wealth of attractions, restaurants, galleries and entertainment - 13.5 miles.
- National Museum Cardiff - home to one of Europe's finest art collections, plus displays of archaelogy, natural history and geology and galleries dedicated to art in Wales - 11.6 miles.
- Millennium Stadium - the first stadium in the UK with a retractable roof and a world-class venue for headline sporting events and concerts - 12 miles.
- Dr Who Up Close Exhibition - come face to face with Daleks and Cybermen in Cardiff Bay
- Techniquest - experience the fun side of science at the UK's leading science discovery centre - 13.5 miles.
- Dan-Yr-Ogof Caves - an award-winning underground wonderland of stalactities and stalacmites, plus an iron age village, replica stone circles, Shire horse centre, museum and farm
- Big Pit - take a tour with ex-miners of a real colliery, 90 metres below ground
- St. Fagans: National History Museum - delve into the history of Wales and all things Welsh and explore more than 40 original buildings from different periods in history; St. Fagans in one of Europe's top open-air museums
- The Sennedd - the National Assembly for Wales - 13.5 miles.
- The Tube - Cardiff Bay Visitor Centre featuring a scale-model of the bay, panoramic views across it and regularly changing exhibitions
- Cardiff City Football Club - catch a game at Ninian Park, home of the 2008 FA Cup finalists - 11 miles.
- Cardiff Castle - 2,000 years of history waiting to be unravelled at one of Wales' top heritage attractions - 11.6 miles.
- Caerphilly Castle - one of the largest fortresses in Europe, this majestic Norman castle is surrounded by water
- Barry Island Pleasure Park - family fun at the premier pleasure park in Wales - 10.6 miles.
- Norwegian Church Arts Centre - arts centre housed in a genuine Norwegian church (where Roald Dahl was christened), built for Norwegian sailors in the 19th century
- Castell Coch - a fairytale style castle with Victorian Gothic furnishings, translating as the 'Red Castle'
- Penarth - a traditional seaside town with a grand pier, once a favourite destination for the Victorians - 14.7 miles.
- Ogmore By Sea - take in views along the heritage coastline and discover the legend of Ogmore Castle - 16.2 miles
- Llanerch Vineyard - tour a Welsh vineyard and sample the award-winning wines
- The Red Dragon Centre - a whole host of entertainment under one roof: cinema, bowling, nightlife, casino and restaurants
- Cardiff International Sports Village - a world-class sports development with Olympic sized pool, indoor winter sports, shops, bars, restaurants and more, due to open in 2010
- Tredegar House - a grand mansion house with impressive state rooms and fascinating servant's quarters, dating back to the 17th century
- Rhondda Heritage Park - visitor centre with indoor recreation of a period Welsh village, art gallery and guided tours of the coal pit head with an simulated underground experience
- Bridgend Designer Outlet - shop 'til you drop at over 90 famous designer stores in a village style layout - 12.7 miles.
0845 0 70 70 90