Two of the world’s greatest storytellers bring a beloved classic to life…
To celebrate the release of Steven Spielberg’s The BFG, on Blu-ray/DVD from November 21st, we’re giving away an absolutely squiffling luxury 2-night break in the Lake District, staying in a magical hillside setting with views of Lake Windermere, and including a delumptious dinner each evening. One lucky runner-up will win a Samsung Galaxy E Tablet.
The BFG is the exciting tale of a young London girl and the mysterious Giant who introduces her to the wonders and perils of Giant Country. Based on the much loved novel by Roald Dahl, The BFG (Big Friendly Giant) was published in 1982 and has been enchanting readers of all ages ever since. Dahl’s books, which also include Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, James and the Giant Peach, Matilda and Fantastic Mr Fox, are currently available in 58 languages and have sold over 200 million copies worldwide.
Play our BFG quiz then enter our competition below…
It’s never too late to start a marvellous new adventure…
From Dame Nature’s starlit skies in the Brecon Beacons, to the pastoral scenes that inspired John Constable’s greatest masterpieces, you don’t have to travel to all sorts of flungaway places to experience another world. Whiffle off on your very own adventure this winter.
A small distance. A giant adventure.
Share this post with your friends and family. Start planning your next great British adventure…
© 2016 Storyteller Distribution Co., LLC
© 2016 Classic British Hotels
Competition Terms and Conditions:
1. Competition closes at the witching hour, 24 December, 2016.
2. Winners will be notified by email 2 January, 2017.
3. Prize break is subject to promotional availability. Excludes: Valentine’s; Mother’s Day; Easter; Christmas; New Year’s Eve; Bank Holidays; and special event dates.
4. No purchase necessary.
5. Prize break is for 2 adults (18 years and over) staying for 2 nights in the Westmorland Suite; bottle of prosecco in room upon arrival; pre-dinner cocktail on one evening; deluxe afternoon tea on the second day; 3-course dinner, à la carte, on both evenings (excludes drinks); full English breakfast on both mornings; and free transfers to/from Windermere Station on arrival/departure. One runner up will win a Samsung Galaxy E, 9.7″ Tablet.
6. Additional expenses incurred, such as a glass of Frobscottle with dinner or the odd snozzcumber as a tide me over, to be paid for on departure.
7. Travel expenses are not included.
8. No cash or alternative prizes are available except that in the event of circumstances outside the promoter’s control it reserves the right to substitute alternative of equal or greater value.
9. The promoter’s decision is final.
10. Automated entries are not permitted and will be disqualified.
Stonehenge © 2016 English Heritage.