Your break includes...
- 2 tickets to the Bowes Museum
- 3-course dinner in award-winning restaurant
- Overnight accommodation in a Classic room
- Full English breakfast
- Free Wi-Fi & on-site parking
Why We Love This Hotel
- Classic creeper-clad country house
- Quirky motoring-themed The Garage Spa
- Taste Durham local produce champion
- Lavishly-appointed Executive Rooms
- Heritage hotel with Dickens connections
- Local walking routes & country pursuits
- The Bowes Museum & Raby Castle nearby
- Free Wi-Fi
- Free parking (45 cars)
- 2 Restaurants
- 26 Bedrooms
- 4 Meeting rooms
- Check-in: 15:00
- Check-out: 11:00
- Ground floor rooms
Complement your visit to the Morritt with some culture at the iconic Bowes Museum in Barnard Castle. This magnificent French château was built in the 19th Century by John and Joséphine Bowes, who dedicated it to European fine and decorative art. You’ll find an outstanding collection, including metalwork, textiles, ceramics and costumes, from the Middle Ages to the 20th Century. Relax in your Classic room upon your return and savour a delicious 3-course gourmet meal at Gilroy’s.
Your Bowes Museum break includes:
– 2 adult tickets to the Bowes Museum*
– 3-course dinner in the award-winning Gilroy’s Dining Room
– Overnight accommodation in a Classic room
– Full English breakfast
*Your tickets can either be in your bedroom (upon request), or held at reception for when you check in.
Terms and Conditions
1) 15% deposit of the total booking value at the time of booking which is fully refundable and transferable when you cancel 24 hours prior to 4.00pm on the day of arrival.
2) Cancellations outside of the designated cancellation period and non-arrivals will be charged for the 1st night of stay.
3) The outstanding balance of the total booking value is due on departure at the hotel.
4) The ‘from’ price displayed represents the lowest price available over the duration of the offer. All prices are per room, per night based on 2 people sharing a Classic double room.
5) Subject to promotional availability.