Discover the drama behind the royal marriage…
To celebrate the release of Victoria and Albert: A Royal Love Affair, now available in all good bookshops, we’re giving you the chance to win a luxury 2-night break with 2 tickets to Harewood House, used as a major set for ITV’s Victoria, and a copy of the beautiful new book by Daisy Goodwin and Sara Sheridan – the official companion to the much-loved ITV series.
Victoria as you’ve never seen her before…
In June 1837, the 18-year-old Victoria wakes up to find that she is Queen of the most powerful nation in the world. Can she prevail against the men who believe that women are too hysterical to rule? And what are the secrets behind her famously passionate relationship with her husband, Albert?
Experience the set for ITV’s series Victoria…
Six unforgettable experiences during your visit to Harewood…
1. You stand awestruck in The Gallery, one of Robert Adams’ foremost achievements
2. You let time run away from you admiring the Thomas Chippendale furniture and paintings by JMW Turner
3. You soak up the views from Harewood’s Victorian formal gardens, over ‘Capability’ Brown parkland
4. You spot Humboldt penguins and Chilean flamingos nesting in the Bird Garden
5. You savour a slice of cake whilst reading Victoria and Albert in the Tearooms
6. You browse the Courtyard Shop in search of a fitting souvenir (something regal perhaps?)
HarperCollins Publishers © 2017 . All rights reserved. © 2017 Classic British Hotels. All rights reserved. © 2017 Harewood House. All rights reserved.