Book this hotel
Prices are total for stay. Click a date to book.
Feature offers & breaks:
Cosy Winter Retreat incl. Dinner, Full Breakfast & Snow Guarantee
From £139.50 Per room per night
See Offer Details...
Local Attractions near Lake Vyrnwy Hotel & Spa
Lake Vyrnwy is located in Mid Wales, which encompasses the outstanding mountain scenery and beautiful lakes of Snowdonia and Brecon Beacons National Parks, rolling border country and magnificent stretches of coastline along Cardigan Bay. Throughout the area, Celtic heritage and culture remain strong and whilst English is spoken everywhere, the Welsh language is widely used. Mid Wales is a paradise for lovers of the countryside just waiting to be explored. Visit fascinating castles, underground slate caverns, old steam mountain railways and sparkling waterfalls. Whatever you want from your holiday, Snowdonia is packed with things to see and do from walking or climbing, pony trekking, mountain biking to a variety of watersports. Alternatively, just relax in one of the most beautiful and unspoilt parts of Great Britain.
Places to visit
- RSPB Bird Centre and Vyrnwy Centre.
- Powis Castle and Hanging Gardens.
- Llechwedd Slate Caverns - multi award winning featuring choice of 2 underground tours.
- Bala Lake Railway.
- Harlech Castle - the magnificent castle of Edward 1 at Harlech.
- Llanrhaedr Waterfall.
- Powis Castle and Garden - world famous garden and medieval castle containing one of the finest collections of paintings and furniture in Wales.
- Glansevern Hall Gardens - 18 acres of garden noted for unusual tree species.
Things to do
- Fishing, water sports, rock climbing, archery, cycling, horse riding - the list is endless!
- Spot an array of birds on the 24,000 acre Vyrnwy estate.
- Enjoy the secret valley on your doorstep, with one of Wales' largest and most beautiful lakes - you'll have a magical time at Lake Vyrnwy.
- Take a delightful steam train ride through the glorious scenery of the Snowdonia National Park along the shore line of Wales' largest natural lake.
- Experience the wonders of hydro-electricity at Edison Mission Energy's Ffestiniog Visitors' Centre and Power Station.
- The whole family will enjoy a day out at Portmerion Village and Gardens on the shores of Snowdonia.
- Discover the 7 mile Anne Griffiths Walk which takes in a variety of landscapes from river valley and gorge to woodland and forestry plantation.
0845 0 70 70 90